President Biden has announced new coronavirus vaccine mandates. Dr. Ashish Jha, Dean of the Brown School of Public Medicine, says “It’s going to fundamentally shift the arc of the current surge. It’s exactly what’s needed at this moment.”
Come meet Dr. Jha in person on Wednesday, September 29th from 6:30-8:00 p.m. in Newport Coast for an up-to-the-minute discussion on COVID, vaccinations, the Delta variant and the path forward. The event will be outdoors in a beautiful garden setting.
Tickets are on now on sale and available through Thursday, September 23rd or when we sell out – whichever comes first! Demand is high and capacity is limited so REGISTER NOW !
Ashish Jha, M.D., MPH, is a world-famous expert on pandemic preparedness. He came to Brown last September after fifteen years on the faculty of Harvard Medical School and the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Dr. Jha is frequently sought out by PBS, NPR and other media outlets for his expertise on COVID.
· This is a ticketed event with pre-registration required.
· Capacity is limited. Parking is free. Refreshments will be served.
· Registration will close on Thursday, September 23rd.
· General Admission ticket $10.00 - includes a snack and soft drink.
· Premium “Sponsor” Admission ticket $25.00 – includes a snack, adult beverage or soft drink and recognition as a sponsor-level supporter of the event.
· Registered guests will be contacted prior to the event for your choice of three individually-wrapped snacks, and you will be given the opportunity to submit a question in advance to Dr. Jha.
The health and safety of the entire Brown community is the University’s top priority. The event will be held outdoors, but we ask those who attend to be vaccinated. In accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance, we also ask that face masks be worn by guests when indoors.